[CalendarServer-dev] Unable to connec tto owncloud contacts using caldavclient library

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Fri Jul 5 19:59:04 PDT 2013

On Jul 5, 2013, at 7:44 PM, Sriram Karra <karra.etc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Can anyone spot waht's going wrong with the caldavclient talking to an owncloud installation? I had sent some logs with my previous email.

Hi,

From near the end of the log, we see that you ran ‘ls’ with a current working directory of “/“

/ > ls

>         <-------- BEGIN HTTP CONNECTION -------->
> Server: unhammer.org
>
>         <-------- BEGIN HTTP REQUEST -------->
> PROPFIND / HTTP/1.1

and the error message returned from the server was:

>    The PROPFIND
>     method is not allowed for the requested URL.

Using ‘ls’ in the shell requires the use of the PROPFIND method, which might be rightfully disabled by the server for on “/“. Try changing the working directory to your calendar home first. The shell includes a “calendars” command to do this for you. An example usage is shown below - note the change in the prompt when the cwd changes.

> {18} andre at foci [ccs/CalDAVClientLibrary] % ./runshell.py --server=https://ssical.apple.com:8443 --user=dre
> Password:
> Found current principal path: /principals/__uids__/B6D75AB6-63D9-433F-850D-A2FC447FF23C/
> / > calendars
> /calendars/__uids__/B6D75AB6-63D9-433F-850D-A2FC447FF23C/ >

HTH,
-dre