[CalendarServer-dev] Unable to connec tto owncloud contacts using caldavclient library

Sriram Karra karra.etc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 05:22:46 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Andre LaBranche <dre at apple.com> wrote:

Using ‘ls’ in the shell requires the use of the PROPFIND method, which
> might be rightfully disabled by the server for on “/“. Try changing the
> working directory to your calendar home first. The shell includes a
> “calendars” command to do this for you. An example usage is shown below -
> note the change in the prompt when the cwd changes.

Hey Andre,

Your approach works fine when I connect to the APple Calender Sever on my
localhost.  I get an exception if I try the 'calendars' or the
'addressbooks:

/ > calendars
No principal found for current principal

The problem is the owncloud thing works in a strange way. I have tried
every possible URL to connect. There are various errors we are ignoring as
seen from the prompts. I suspect some of them should be handled. I can send
detailed logs for any of them as required.

Cardassia:CalDAVClientLibrary sriramkarra$ ./runshell.py  --server
https://unhammer.org --user skarra -pswd
Ignoring error: 405
Ignoring error: 405
/ > quit
Exiting shell: quitting
Cardassia:CalDAVClientLibrary sriramkarra$ ./runshell.py --server
https://unhammer.org/owncloud  --user skarra --pswd
Ignoring error: 301
Ignoring error: 0
Ignoring error: 301
Ignoring error: 0
/ > ls
Ignoring error: 301
Ignoring error: 0
/ > quit
Exiting shell: quitting
Cardassia:CalDAVClientLibrary sriramkarra$ ./runshell.py --server
https://unhammer.org/owncloud/index.php  --user skarra --pswd
/ > ls
Ignoring error: 405
/ > quit
Exiting shell: quitting
Cardassia:CalDAVClientLibrary sriramkarra$ ./runshell.py --server
https://unhammer.org/owncloud/index.php/carddav  --user skarra --pswd
/ > ls
Ignoring error: 405
/ > quit
Exiting shell: quitting
Cardassia:CalDAVClientLibrary sriramkarra$ ./runshell.py --server
https://unhammer.org/owncloud/index.php/carddav/principals  --user skarra
--pswd
/ > ls
Ignoring error: 405
/ > quit
Exiting shell: quitting
Cardassia:CalDAVClientLibrary sriramkarra$ ./runshell.py --server
https://unhammer.org/owncloud/index.php/carddav/principals/skarra  --user
skarra --pswd
/ > ls
Ignoring error: 405