[CalendarServer-dev] Handling of URL encoding in server responses.

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Wed Aug 10 06:52:46 PDT 2016

Hi Peter,

--On August 10, 2016 at 3:49:07 PM +0200 Peter Mogensen <apm at one.com> wrote:

> So - the server is not required to return the <href> URL's in the same
> encoding as the Request-URI.
>
> ... That was also my intuitive understanding, but I was not 100% sure of
> the interpretation.
>
> The client is not one I'm developing, but rather a 3rd party client where
> the developers say that the CalendarServer is doing it wrong.
>
> My impression was that this client is wrong by not formulating the last
> request with a Request-URI matching the encoding in the body.

At the very first CalConnect interop event (over 10 years ago) we ran into
many problems with URL encoding in multistatus responses etc. What we have
now behaves according to everyone else's reading of how things work. I am
afraid the client will have to change, we are very unlikely to make any
change ourselves as the impact on existing clients is unknown.

--
Cyrus Daboo