[CalendarServer-dev] Calendarserver 7.x compatibility with sqlparse 0.2.2

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Mon Dec 19 09:45:28 PST 2016

Hi,

I think there is a compatibility issue. In this case, it's because sqlparse added a bunch of "new" keywords (from oracle) that conflict with identifiers we already use. We got as far as trying to retroactively rewrite all our *past* schema updates to be compatible (by quoting table / column names) but iirc that brings us out of sync with all existing CalendarServer DBs. Fixing that correctly would be a significant undertaking, requiring a schema update to rename everything. I think there may be a more hacky option of customizing the sqlparse keyword list at runtime to remove the conflicting keywords, but we didn't do that. I think there may have also been a problem around not easily being able to make that customization early enough and at the right layer.

Related: https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/calendarserver-dev/2016-November/001799.html

-dre