[CalendarServer-users] Three questions about principals

Frank Strauß strauss at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Sat Dec 9 10:53:56 PST 2006

What is the purpose of group and resource principals having a password?

Is there a way to configure the repository, so that anonymous access is
allowed (to make some public calendars accessible to anyone) but without
exposing the identities of all users and groups through the /calendars/
and /principals/ hierarchies?

I think, I vaguely understand the purpose of resources in VEVENTs. But
what is the purpose of resource *principals*? (Without knowing any
better, I would probably model some resources as calendars with an
appropriate ACL, e.g., if I would like to keep an eye on free/busy times
of a room.)