[CalendarServer-users] Future Builds and deployment

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Sat Sep 9 07:44:00 PDT 2006

Hi Rick,

--On September 9, 2006 10:34:12 AM -0400 Rick Davis <roodavis at mac.com>
wrote:

> This is my first stroll through Open Source, so please forgive my
> ignorance.
>
> I have things working close to the way I want them to work, well except
> for having a calendar that multiple users can add events to.  I think
> that is a "wait for iCal on Leopard" issue. Of course that may all change
> when the users start reporting problems or feature requests. ;-)
>
> My question is about the location of the calendars and principals.
> Should they stay in the current test location inside of the twistedcaldav
> directory or be moved to the location indicated in the caldavd.plist (as
> opposed to the caldavd-dev.plist). If I deploy this to a server with the
> current locations will the next or any future builds retain that location
> or move things as needed?
>
> I'm hoping to deploy this at a school for use by 40+ teachers and staff
> and eventually open it up to the 900+ students.
>
> Thanks and Have A Great Day.

For production use you should point the document root to some place outside
of the server distribution. On OS X we default that in caldavd.plist to
/Library/CalendarServer/Documents, which follows the convention used by the
standard web server install.

You will probably also want to use the -i option on the run script to
install the server components in their usual 'system' location rather than
running it from the distribution directory. That will give you the option
of having a running production server installation whilst still being able
to work on newer version in the distribution directory.

--
Cyrus Daboo