xattr on freebsd (Re: [CalendarServer-users] freebsd?)

Christian Kuhtz christian at kuhtz.com
Tue Sep 12 00:57:39 PDT 2006

Cyrus,

so, this is 6.1-STABLE from a cvsup less than 24 hours ago.  options
UFS_ACL is specified in the kernel.

I don't think this has anything to do with xattr being enabled on the
filesystem (I have attached the section of the build that fails),
given that the build of xattr fails.  It's looking for a couple of
names in an include that doesn't exist and names which don't exist
anywhere in the /usr/include tree.

If anyone has this running on FreeBSD, please speak up.  Right now,
it doesn't look like this code can build at all.

Best regards,
Christian

x pyOpenSSL-0.6/version.py
src/ssl/context.c: In function `ssl_Context_set_info_callback':
src/ssl/context.c:763: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
type
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c:2:23: sys/xattr.h: No such file or directory
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c: In function `xattr_setxattr':
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c:28: error: `XATTR_CREATE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c:28: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c:28: error: for each function it appears in.)
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c:30: error: `XATTR_REPLACE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c: In function `xattr_fsetxattr':
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c:83: error: `XATTR_CREATE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
Modules/xattr/_xattr.c:85: error: `XATTR_REPLACE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
error: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1