xattr on freebsd (Re: [CalendarServer-users] freebsd?)

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Sep 12 06:29:49 PDT 2006

Hi Christian,

--On September 12, 2006 12:57:39 AM -0700 Christian Kuhtz
<christian at kuhtz.com> wrote:

> so, this is 6.1-STABLE from a cvsup less than 24 hours ago.  options
> UFS_ACL is specified in the kernel.
>
> I don't think this has anything to do with xattr being enabled on the
> filesystem (I have attached the section of the build that fails), given
> that the build of xattr fails.  It's looking for a couple of names in an
> include that doesn't exist and names which don't exist anywhere in the
> /usr/include tree.
>
> If anyone has this running on FreeBSD, please speak up.  Right now, it
> doesn't look like this code can build at all.

Looks like you are missing /include/sys/xattr.h. Try to see if xattr.h is
located somewhere else on your system. Failing that you may need to install
the xattr development package (or FreeBSD equivalent) to allow compiling in
xattr support.

--
Cyrus Daboo