xattr on freebsd (Re: [CalendarServer-users] freebsd?)

Christian Kuhtz christian at kuhtz.com
Wed Sep 13 14:12:30 PDT 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> --On September 12, 2006 12:57:39 AM -0700 Christian Kuhtz
> <christian at kuhtz.com> wrote:
>
>> so, this is 6.1-STABLE from a cvsup less than 24 hours ago.  options
>> UFS_ACL is specified in the kernel.
>>
>> I don't think this has anything to do with xattr being enabled on the
>> filesystem (I have attached the section of the build that fails),
>> given
>> that the build of xattr fails.  It's looking for a couple of names
>> in an
>> include that doesn't exist and names which don't exist anywhere in
>> the
>> /usr/include tree.
>>
>> If anyone has this running on FreeBSD, please speak up.  Right
>> now, it
>> doesn't look like this code can build at all.
>
> Looks like you are missing /include/sys/xattr.h. Try to see if
> xattr.h is located somewhere else on your system. Failing that you
> may need to install the xattr development package (or FreeBSD
> equivalent) to allow compiling in xattr support.

There is no xattr.h on the system (or in the source tree for that
matter) and there are also no definitions of the missing symbols
anywhere else in the /usr/include tree.

Where would one obtain such a dev pkg?

Again, is there actually anyone out there who has this built on
FreeBSD?  It really looks like that is wishful thinking at the moment.

Best regards,
Christian