[CalendarServer-users] caladmin tool and more than one calendar per user

David Reid dreid at apple.com
Fri Apr 27 15:01:30 PDT 2007

Hi Jakob,

On Apr 27, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Jakob Lenfers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after solving my problems I had with running the calendar server
> (thanks
> to this list), I'm now trying to use it and got two problems:
>
> Am I right in assuming, that the caladmin tool isn't done yet? I had a
> hard time running it in the first place. On my system it works with
> this
> command line:
> |root at primus:/opt/iCalServer/CalendarServer# PYTHONPATH="`./run
> -p`:twistedcaldav/py" bin/caladmin -c conf/caldavd-dev.plist
>
> But a lot of commands like groups or users don't seem to do anything.
> It's nothing major, but I just wondered if its my installation or it's
> just not done yet.

Unfortunately I have not had time to keep caladmin up to date with
the rest of the system.  I don't know when it will be useable again
but hopefuly soon.

> Another thing is, more important to me, I want for one user more than
> one calendar. I just created a direcory directly in the filesystem in
> his users directory, but it didn't seem to work. Is there a way
> that you
> get something like http://caldavserver:8008/calendars/users/lenfers/
> work
> http://caldavserver:8008/calendars/users/lenfers/private
> and so on?

You can create extra calendars over the protocol using the MKCALENDAR
verb.  Which is documented in the CalDAV RFC.  We don't support
direct manipulation of the data store though because MKCALENDAR does
more than just create the directory it also tweaks the xattrs which
we don't have a good editor for.