[CalendarServer-users] Working with Group Calendars

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Feb 27 17:13:24 PST 2007

Hi Tyler,

--On February 27, 2007 4:41:10 PM -0600 Tyler Keating
<tylerkeating at mac.com> wrote:

> I'm having trouble accessing group calendars.  So far I've implemented a
> custom directory service tied to my application, but when a member tries
> to access their group's calendar, I get a "403 Forbidden" response.  The
> custom directory service is properly returning the set of members for the
> group and then the DirectoryRecords for each member in the group.  I've
> verified that the groupMembers() method in principal.py returns the
> proper DirectoryPrincipalResources of the members as well.  I don't know
> if it's an issue with the directory service, but I thought I'd mention it
> anyway.
>
> Can someone please explain what I'm missing?

To check whether principals and group memberships are setup properly, use a
browser and view the /principals hierarchy there. When you click on a
principal the server will generate an HTML page with some (really) useful
information on it. So check that your groups do appear under /principals
and that their membership looks right. Also check the regular principals
that are members of a group to verify they show themselves as belonging to
it.

If the principal all look OK, then next thing to check is the ACLs on the
resources you are trying to access. For that you may need to probe with a
WebDAV client that allows you to inspect the ACL property (you will likely
need to do that as the admin user).

--
Cyrus Daboo