[CalendarServer-users] Remote Principal Administration

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Thu Jan 18 13:59:15 PST 2007

Hi Tyler,

--On January 18, 2007 3:44:23 PM -0600 Tyler Keating <tylerkeating at mac.com>
wrote:

> I'm currently building a web application that will use Calendar Server
> and I have one important question.  What is the best way to create
> principal accounts on Darwin Calendar Server to match the member accounts
> of my web application?  I'm open to any suggestions.
>
> I do know that Cosmo Calendar Server has a Cosmo Management Protocol for
> remote administration, is there something similar for Darwin that I've
> missed?

The latest calendar server code has a generic directory module that can be
used to populate accounts. There are several different implementations of
this, including an xml file based variant, and open directory variant, and
an SQL database variant. If your web app uses a directory or database of
some form for its users and you can access that from "outside" then you
could write your own calendar server directory implementation to get user
accounts directly from there.

--
Cyrus Daboo