[CalendarServer-users] Re: Getting Calendar Server to work with LDAP

David Riggle riggle at comcast.net
Fri Jan 26 17:09:38 PST 2007

I've made a little bit of progress.  I loaded my LDAP server with
apple-user, apple-group, and apple-resource objects, then pointed
Directory Access at my LDAP server. (BTW, the last step seems
redundant since I specify LDAP in the caldavd-dev.plist).

I was hoping the Calendar Server would auto-provision users, groups,
and resources from the LDAP server, but it didn't.  When I try to
connect to the Calendar Server from iCal, I get the following error
in the log:

2007/01/26 17:14 -0700 [HTTPChannel,0,127.0.0.1] "Attempt to create
clone '/Users/dave/Server/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/test/data/
principals/users/user1' of resource <DirectoryPrincipalTypeResource: /
Users/dave/Server/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/test/data/principals/
users>"

Any idea what's going wrong?

Dave