[CalendarServer-users] Project Status

Guillaume LACHENAL guillaume at lachenal.net
Tue Jul 10 12:49:44 PDT 2007

Hi list,

The company I work for is currently searching for a platform to share
calendars and schedule meetings for its employees.

As users are all using MS Outlook and ActiveSync to sync data with
several flavours of smartphones or PDA, the client side of the problem
is done.
The first idea for the server side is use MS Exchange.
Deploying some sort of MS server won't be a pleasure for me : in the
past years MS servers have been replaced by Unix ones, so I'm searching
for an alternative.

Since Leopard release is known to be planned in October 2007, I ask you
about the Darwin Calender Server status.
- Is it (near to) production ready ?
- Is the code usable in a production environment ? Not being well
packaged won't be a big problem.
- Are there missing features ?

Apple announced [1] Outlook ability to connect an iCalserver via an
opensource connector. Is the connector developed at Apple or is it a
third party project ?  Which one ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

 -Guillaume-