[CalendarServer-users] Project Status

Francis Lachapelle flachapelle at inverse.ca
Tue Jul 10 13:19:40 PDT 2007

Hi Guillaume

On Jul 10, 2007, at 15:49, Guillaume LACHENAL wrote:

> The company I work for is currently searching for a platform to share
> calendars and schedule meetings for its employees.
>
> As users are all using MS Outlook and ActiveSync to sync data with
> several flavours of smartphones or PDA, the client side of the problem
> is done.
> The first idea for the server side is use MS Exchange.
> Deploying some sort of MS server won't be a pleasure for me : in the
> past years MS servers have been replaced by Unix ones, so I'm
> searching
> for an alternative.

You may have a look at Scalable Opengroupware.org (SOGo), a
opensource CalDAV server:

http://sogo.opengroupware.org/

We, at Inverse, have been working actively in the past few months on
this project, so much we have a specific branch in the SVN
repository. You can read more about our contributions on our site:

http://www.inverse.ca/english/contributions/sogo.html

Even though it's coded in Objective-C, we haven't tried nor
documented the installation of SOGo on Mac OS X. Since we don't have
access to a developer version of Leopard, I don't know how well it
can communicate with the new CalDAV-enabled iCal.app. However, it's
very promising as both should speak the same language (WebDAV/
CalDAV). SOGo is currently fully compatible with the Mozilla Calendar
applications (Lightning and Sunbird).

I would really like to know the answer ;)  http://openconnector.org/ ?

--
Francis