[CalendarServer-users] Project Status

Matt Simerson matt at layeredtech.com
Wed Jul 11 08:07:10 PDT 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 4:14 AM, Guillaume LACHENAL wrote:

> On 2007.07.10 14:07 -0700, Wilfredo S?nchez Vega wrote:
> (...)
>>   It's pretty near to complete.  As to what's not complete or being
>> worked on, see trac.calendarserver.org.
>
> Is there someone on list (or Apple) currently using or testing
> calendarserver with an Outlook client ?

Not likely with Darwin Calendar Server.

Outlook only understands calendars when communicating with a MAPI
provider (Exchange). The only way to make it communicate with another
calendar client is by writing an Outlook plugin, which is what the
Open Connector folks are working on.

There are other groups that have done this before:
	http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop_compatibility.html

The Zimbra team wrote their own MAPI connector but it only works with
their client. Their project is open source. I'm not sure if that's
something that can be leveraged or not.

Matt Simerson
Unix Roto-Rooter

Layered Technologies, Inc.
On-Demand Utility Computing & Hosting Solutions
Learn more>> http://www.layeredtechnologies.com