[CalendarServer-users] Calendar Server production ready?

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Tue Jun 5 07:02:59 PDT 2007

mwacker at linagora.com wrote:
> Some month ago (December or January) i've put on this ML a little howto on
> installing Darwin Calendar Server (DCS) on Linux with some elementary
> tests with Mozilla-Sunbird Client.
>
> The reading (and writing) of DCS datas from Sunbird was OK.
>
> Sunbird was running on Linux, but i think it has no functional differences
> on Windows.

I've used these instructions and they work as advertised...

I'll just chime in to say that while I've had no problems with the
Calendar Server that I'm aware of, Sunbird has proven to be a quirky and
flaky client. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for production use yet.

I also had some difficulty importing data from iCal to Sunbird. I'm not
sure if this is a Sunbird bug/issue, or whether there is some variance
in how clients follow the iCal/.ics spec?

Apple people: any way that the new version of iCal will be released for
Tiger? This would be a great way to really put the calendar server into
motion, for those that may not be prepared to upgrade to Leopard once it
hits the streets.

Also, has there been any talk in developing a Ubuntu package, FreeBSD
port, and/or Macports port of DCS yet?