[CalendarServer-users] Working with Group Calendars across Clients

Tyler Keating tylerkeating at mac.com
Tue Mar 6 12:25:13 PST 2007

Hi,
A question:  How do you share a group calendar properly using
multiple calendar clients?  For example, I have two user's A and B in
the same large group.  A uses my web application to add an entry into
the group calendar and appears as the Organizer.  B uses some other
client to access the group calendar and simply modifies that same
entry without restraint.  A is unaware that B may have maliciously
changed the entry and other group members believe the modified entry
belongs to A.

I've thought of making the group calendar readonly for group members
and using the admin user to create/update/destroy entries through my
web application on the user's behalf, but there must be a better
way.  Plus I don't know how to modify the group ACL yet either.

So that question again: How should I enforce ownership of group
entries across multiple clients?

- Tyler Keating