[CalendarServer-users] delegation help?

Frank Strauß strauss at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Mon Nov 12 04:54:15 PST 2007

Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> [...] iCal's delegate UI won't work with the XML
> configuration option right now, as iCal requires a directory system to
> lookup user data. [...]

That's why I'd like to prepare our LDAP directory (running on a Linux
box with some "self-made" schema extensions) to support the necessary
information to the calendar server.

Is it ok to set requireComputerRecord to false in the configuration file
or are there any functional drawbacks?

What records and attributes do I have to model in our LDAP schema to
reflect users, groups, locations and resources correctly? It seems
calendarPrincipalURI has gone, and servicesLocator is new?! What is the
exact syntax and meaning? Are there any specs available that are a
little more detailed than the document "Open Directory Administration
For Version 10.5 Leopard" [1]?

Thank you very much in advance,

 -frank

[1]