[CalendarServer-users] delegation help?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Nov 12 07:22:24 PST 2007

Hi Frank,

--On November 12, 2007 1:54:15 PM +0100 Frank Strauß
<strauss at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> wrote:

> That's why I'd like to prepare our LDAP directory (running on a Linux
> box with some "self-made" schema extensions) to support the necessary
> information to the calendar server.
>
> Is it ok to set requireComputerRecord to false in the configuration file
> or are there any functional drawbacks?

When requireComputerRecord is true, the calendar server will look for a
/Computers record matching its hostname in the directory and extract keys
from that that it uses to create a ServicesLocator value. Then, when it
searches for users, it will only match users that have that ServicesLocator
value set. i.e. only those users for whom calendaring has been enabled in
the appropriate fashion will be provisioned on the server.

If requireComputerRecord is false, then the server will provision all users
found via a directory search, irrespective of the ServicesLocator value. So
if you have a directory that does not support the new schema, you can use
the server with requireComputerRecord off.

However, iCal always requires ServicesLocator and the new schema to detect
accounts and calendar users enabled for the server. So you do still need
the new schema for iCal.

> What records and attributes do I have to model in our LDAP schema to
> reflect users, groups, locations and resources correctly? It seems
> calendarPrincipalURI has gone, and servicesLocator is new?! What is the
> exact syntax and meaning? Are there any specs available that are a
> little more detailed than the document "Open Directory Administration
> For Version 10.5 Leopard" [1]?

David Reid has recently added ical-schema.txt into the doc directory in
SVN. That documents the new schema we are using. Let us know if you need
more information.

--
Cyrus Daboo