[CalendarServer-users] Calendar Users from AD

Chris Scrofani cscrofani at honoluluacademy.org
Thu Nov 15 21:34:35 PST 2007

Hello All,

I have a OS X 10.5.1 server, which is set up in Workgroup mode.  I
simply want to enable file sharing, calendaring, and get my list of
users from my existing Active Directory domain.

I have set up the server as an Open Directory master, and it is also
successfully connected to my Active Directory domain.  I imported all of
my users from the AD domain into a local group, and was able to assign
that group privileges to read/write to a shared network folder.  File
sharing seems to be set up perfectly at this point.

What I am having trouble with is getting those same AD accounts working
with iCal server.  If I look in the Users section of Server Preferences,
there is only one account in there, my Administrator account.  I tested
a CalDAV connection from iCal.app and was successfully able to connect
using this one Administrator account.  None of the other accounts from
the AD seemed to work though, so I tried importing an individual account
from the AD into the Users section of Server Preferences.  This seems to
create the necessary conditions needed for the account to access iCal
server, except that whenever I try to use that account to connect with
iCal.app, it gives me the error "Your password was rejected by the
server 192.168.*.* for the login *****".  I surely am not typing the
password wrong, since I tried it with a couple of different accounts and
I use the same passwords every day.

I then created a new local account (not imported from the AD), and this
account was able to connect to the server with iCal.app perfectly.
Someone please tell me I don't have to create 100+ local accounts just
to get them to access the iCal service.  Has anyone been able to import
AD accounts and get them working with iCal server?

Thanks for the help!
Chris