[CalendarServer-users] "<Foo> has no GUID; generating service GUID from realm name"

Emil Lundberg Emil.Lundberg at bmc.uu.se
Fri Nov 23 04:38:51 PST 2007

Good catch, just noticed this myself.

As there is no (documented) way of setting the service GUID, I'm
quite certain you'll be fine with letting DCS generate the GUID for you.

I tried setting the GUID in the following way:

<accounts realm="My Realm" guid="my-hideously-long-guid">

and while this works (the server stops complaining about the missing
GUID), I don't really see the point of it.

Hopefully, the DCS folks will shed some light on this if it has any
significance (for federation purposes or whatever).

/Emil