[CalendarServer-users] Port issue

Emil Lundberg Emil.Lundberg at bmc.uu.se
Sun Oct 28 05:42:46 PDT 2007

Hi again,

I've just installed DCS (release 1.0) on Leopard Server (GM), and it
runs as expected with the aforementioned setup steps. Double-check
your procedure (file names, port numbers etc) and if it still fails,
run the server daemonized (./run -d) and check the following:

* What setup are you using exactly (OS type/version, python,
subversion, etc)? Any firewalls on the MB?
* Examine the log files carefully (in logs/ by default) for any signs
of misconfiguration
* Does DCS work at all (i.e. a browser pointed to http://localhost:
8008 should display a collection listing)?
* Does the collection listing provide the users you expect from the
accounts file (see http://localhost:8008/principals/)?

 From the looks of it you are using 10.4 (or you shouldn't have had
to install subversion and python), but I don't see why the 1.0
release would break anything. On 10.5, everything DCS needs (svn,
python 2.4+) is either preinstalled or downloaded through the setup
step (./run -s)

HTH,

/Emil