[CalendarServer-users] Fwd: Problem installing calendarserver

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Dec 5 09:59:46 PST 2008

Hi Jason,

--On December 5, 2008 12:52:29 PM -0500 Jason Pruim <japruim at raoset.com>
wrote:

> Can you verify that you have a '/usr/local/include/python2.5' path? Also
> try "locate pyconfig.h" to see where that file might be. But this does
> look like some weird python install problem.
>

> I found out that I did have an error in the path... when I looked into
> it, the path to python2.5 is: /usr/local/lib/python2.5
>

> But once I changed the include path in the run script (I edited one line
> to add the path name hoping it would help) I have the same result:
>

> Building PyXML...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./setup.py", line 127, in <module>
>     config_h_vars = parse_config_h(open(config_h))
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/usr/local/include/python2.5/pyconfig.h'

PyXML is running the setup.py script which is trying to get a path from the
built in distutils module and that is reporting the
'/usr/local/include/python2.5' path for the pyconfig.h file. Does
'/usr/local/include/python2.5' actually exist? If so is it readable (to the
user you are running ./run as)? If so does pyconfig.h exist in there?

In theory the '/usr/local/include/python2.5' path should have been
hard-coded at configure/make time when you built python2.5 and should be
the place where the headers files needed to build python extensions were
placed when you did "make install".

--
Cyrus Daboo