[CalendarServer-users] Fwd: Problem installing calendarserver

Jason Pruim japruim at raoset.com
Fri Dec 5 10:20:52 PST 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> --On December 5, 2008 12:52:29 PM -0500 Jason Pruim
> <japruim at raoset.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you verify that you have a '/usr/local/include/python2.5'
>> path? Also
>> try "locate pyconfig.h" to see where that file might be. But this
>> does
>> look like some weird python install problem.
>>

>> I found out that I did have an error in the path... when I looked
>> into
>> it, the path to python2.5 is: /usr/local/lib/python2.5
>>

>> But once I changed the include path in the run script (I edited
>> one line
>> to add the path name hoping it would help) I have the same result:
>>

>> Building PyXML...
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "./setup.py", line 127, in <module>
>>     config_h_vars = parse_config_h(open(config_h))
>> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>> '/usr/local/include/python2.5/pyconfig.h'
>>

> PyXML is running the setup.py script which is trying to get a path
> from the built in distutils module and that is reporting the '/usr/
> local/include/python2.5' path for the pyconfig.h file. Does '/usr/
> local/include/python2.5' actually exist? If so is it readable (to
> the user you are running ./run as)? If so does pyconfig.h exist in
> there?

My host just gave me full shell access and installed the full source
of python so I'm past that error and onto a new one...

Using python2.5 as Python

exec python /home/raosetc/public_html/calendar/Twisted/bin/twistd  -n
caldav -f /home/raosetc/public_html/calendar/CalendarServer/conf/
caldavd-dev.plist -o ProcessType=Combined
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/raosetc/public_html/calendar/Twisted/bin/twistd", line
20, in ?
     from twisted.scripts.twistd import run
   File "/home/raosetc/public_html/calendar/Twisted/twisted/scripts/
twistd.py", line 11, in ?
     from twisted.application import app
   File "/home/raosetc/public_html/calendar/Twisted/twisted/
application/app.py", line 9, in ?
     from twisted.persisted import sob
   File "/home/raosetc/public_html/calendar/Twisted/twisted/persisted/
sob.py", line 17, in ?
     import md5.new as md5
ImportError: No module named new

Any ideas?