[CalendarServer-users] Configuring Clients for DCS

John Berliner john at johnberliner.com
Fri Dec 5 12:50:11 PST 2008

I've installed and configured DCS on FreeBSD 7.0, having dealt with
memcached and PyKerberos setup issues...

iCal 3 seems to work fine. I can publish calendars to the server
without incident.
I can also browse collections just fine using a web client.

But I am having trouble configuring Sunbird. I cannot seem to create,
or subscribe to, any network calendars.

I have been using the instructions at:

	http://trac.calendarserver.org/wiki/Sunbird

to specify URLs like

	http://myserver:8008/calendars/users/myuserid/calendar
	http://myserver:8008/calendars/groups/mygroupid/calendar

On the client side, Sunbird "lets" me create the calendar, but I
always get an error icon by the calendar with a Tooltip message "The
calendar <newcal> is momentarily not available". If I then try to
write to the calendar, the server looks like it is going to write --
I see a PUT, then "Writing request stream," then "Writing to file",
but then:

	[-] [twisted.web2.dav.method.put_common#error] Rollback: commit

and the event is not written to the calendar.

I get no server errors on startup, other than "invalid GUID in
accounts XML" warnings...

Help!

--
John Berliner