[CalendarServer-users] Mac OS X Server

Louis ROMERO louis.romero at free.fr
Tue Dec 9 03:57:39 PST 2008

Le 8 déc. 08 à 18:31, Don Kruse a écrit :

> I ran iCal Server + iCal in a test environment on a older Xserve--
> Dual G4 1GHz 2GB RAM Mac OS X Server 10.5.5--in this test
> environment with only a couple of test users and I noticed a
> significant increase in CPU activity due to iCal but it seemed that
> it wasn't something the server couldn't handle. A month later when I
> rolled out the service to 60+ users the server was brought to its
> knees. It ramped up to 100% CPU usage as more users logged in and by
> about 11AM that business day it ceased to be functional. Anyone
> trying to connect timed out before they received updates.
>
> I have not been able to track down any specifics as far as something
> I can "fix" to prevent this problem as my iCal Server install is
> Apple default and other than running the CPU load at 100% there was
> not a single error reported/logged. I'm going to use brute force to
> work around the issue but I would like to find a better approach.
>
> I am going to try to roll out this service again later today/
> tomorrow but hosted on a brand new Xserve 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel
> Xeon 16GB RAM

Nice :-)

I found that : http://trac.calendarserver.org/wiki/ProxyCleanup

The problem returned by the script is :

CalendarServer proxy DB clean-up tool
=====================================
proxyclean:75: DeprecationWarning: raising a string exception is
deprecated
   raise("Unable to find proxy db at '%s' or '%s'" %
(proxydbpath_data, proxydbpath_doc))
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "proxyclean", line 186, in <module>
     dsnode, proxydbpath = extractPlistPieces(plistdbpath)
   File "proxyclean", line 75, in extractPlistPieces
     raise("Unable to find proxy db at '%s' or '%s'" %
(proxydbpath_data, proxydbpath_doc))
Unable to find proxy db at '/var/run/caldavd/calendaruserproxy.sqlite'
or '/home/principals/.db.calendaruserproxy'
zsh: exit 1     python proxyclean

Indeed, I have no calendar now. I deleted some users, and tried some
calendars before.

What happend ?
--
Louis