[CalendarServer-users] Calendar server lost calendars

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 9 05:24:46 PST 2008

On 8 Dec 2008, at 08:47, Antti Hermunen wrote:
> I'm running Mac OS X Server 10.5.5 with the Calendar server -
>
> Had to replace a failed hard drive on the server and after the
> changeover iCal Server stopped working.
>
> My guess is that cloning the system and booting off that system on a
> drive with a different volume name somehow borked the OpenDirectory
> settings for iCal Server.
> The calendar data is still there - all 180 Mb of it but the status
> window in Server Admin says that there are no users, calendars etc.
> and the calendars have disappeared from the CalDAV clients i.e. iCal.

How did you transfer the data? I'm guessing that you copied the whole
o/s + server data from the failing hard-drive to the new one?

Note that Calendar Server requires ACLs on its data directory. I
recently cloned a system using `ditto --rsrc --extattr --acl` - note
that these should be the defaults on 10.5 - and it works perfectly,
but I am not running Calendar Server on that machine. However I think
that `cp -R` might neglect some or all of the Mac-specific metadata,
so if you did that I would perhaps have another attempt at recovering
the data dir.

Stroller.