[CalendarServer-users] Invitations from iCal to Lightning

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Sun Feb 10 09:46:49 PST 2008

Hi Mag.,

--On February 6, 2008 11:58:12 AM +0100 "Mag. Johannes Wedenigg"
<johannes at alphaeus.at> wrote:

> We've configured Darwin Calendar Server on a Linux machine. Everythin
> works quite okay except one thing: Invitations
>
> Am I right thinking, that Lightning doesn't support sending/receiving
> Event-Invitations using only the server? Is the only way of sending
> receiving event invitations in lightning via e-mail?
>
> In iCal I can add participants and click on "send", but my colleagues
> don't seem to receive anything. So I have to send them invitations via an
> e-mail with an ics file attached, which renders the participants feature
> of iCal useless.
>
> We tried to access the "inbox" collection from within lightning but
> without success. Any workarounds to get the iTip/iMip mechanisms to work
> with Darwin Calendar Server and Lightning?

The Lightning folks are working on CalDAV scheduling support so hopefully
this will work soon. In the meantime you are stuck as iCal will always
default to using CalDAV scheduling for participants that are on the CalDAV
server.

--
Cyrus Daboo