[CalendarServer-users] CalendarServer on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE problems

Sean Noonan noonans at get1free.com
Wed Feb 20 14:18:12 PST 2008

Hello!

After a day or two of struggling I was finally able to get CalendarServer
nominally running on my FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE box with the help of Roy Hooper's
"Installing the Darwin Calendar Server on FreeBSD" paper.  Yea!

However, I still can't run caladmin.  Here's what I get when I try:

freebee# ./caladmin

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "./caladmin", line 28, in <module>

    from twistedcaldav.admin.script import run

ImportError: No module named twistedcaldav.admin.script

freebee#

I think the program is trying to find the setup.py file in
/usr/local/www/CalendarServer/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/admin and this
file does exist.  However, I suspect a relative pathing problem but I'm not
sure how to fix it.

Should I create a symlink from
/usr/local/www/CalendarServer/CalendarServer/bin/twistedcaldav to
/usr/local/www/CalendarServer/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav?

When I do this I'm able to get past my initial error but hit a similar error
almost immediately.

Can you tell me where the directories "twisted", "Twisted", and
"twistedcaldav" should be located in relationship to
/usr/local/www/CalendarServer/CalendarServer?

Thanks in advance and if this was not the right place to post this question
please tell the appropriate location and I'll post the question there.

Thanks again,

  <http://www.get1free.com/>