[CalendarServer-users] Installing on Leopard client

Robert Harris robert.harris at manville-harris.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 12:37:47 PST 2008

On 25 Feb 2008, at 18:58, Scott Buchanan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there a clear set of instructions on how to install and
> configure Calendarserver on a Leopard client?  I can download, build
> and run the daemon from the source directory with the test accounts,
> etc. but when I go to (./run -i / ) install it as a system daemon
> and install the launchd plist I'm not sure where things are.  For
> example the installed version of twistd always complains about not
> enough parameters but if I point back to the source directory
> version all is OK.  I'm sure this is path/pythonpath issue but I
> don't know enough about twistd and python to puzzle this out.
>
> So my original question, Are there a clear set of instructions on
> how to install and configure Calendarserver on a Leopard client?

I posed pretty much the same problems and questions but never got an
answer.

The "wrong number of parameters" may be a missing slash at the
beginning of PYTHONPATH in /usr/local/bin/caldavd .

I managed to get DCS running with the following directory structure, all
under /Users/calendar :

- conf/			containing accounts.dtd, accounts.xml, caldavd.plist,
mime.types
				and sudoers.plist
- data/			in which digest.sqlite is created
- documents/		containing the directories principals/ and calendars/ .
I think that
				they are populated appropriately by the server, perhaps after
				pointing an iCal client at it for a new user. I also put
server.pem here.
- log/			in which log files are created

If you find a better installation guide please let me know :)

Robert