[CalendarServer-users] : linux installation on ubuntu 7.10

jean jduffas1 at free.fr
Tue Jan 8 08:00:49 PST 2008

I had some problems to manage to install Calendar Server on Ubuntu
7.10, but I managed to,
I hope this will help some peoples :

I had made a first mistake, I forgot to install "patch".

then I had this error :

---------------------

xattr/build/lib.linux-i586-2.5/xattr/__init__.py", line 16, in _func
2008-01-07 09:53:09-0500 [-] [caldav-8008]  [-]     return func(first,
*args)
2008-01-07 09:53:09-0500 [-] [caldav-8008]  [-] IOError: [Errno 95]
Operation not supported: '/home/fit/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/test/
data'

---------------------
mwacker answerd me this :

---
This means the directory where you put your darwin calendar datas
'/home/fit/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/test/
data'
doesn't support extended attributes (what i called File System meta-data
extension in my previous message).

This means you didn't follow steps 2.1 or 2.2 correctly from my howto.

Explanation : WebDAV protocol (and also CalDAV which is an extension of
it) manage meta-data for URI. Darwin Calendar meta-data management
relies
on File System meta-data, which are optional settings on Linux. This
specials settings are described in section 2.1 and 2.2 of my howto.

I think you'd better replay the howto carrefully from the begining
before
posting here. I know it works because other people claimed it.

I'll help you more, if needed, after this (even in french if you
want ;-).

---

then, I could not connect from an other computer on the same network,
to the calendar server.
the problem :
I had made a bad config file,
  <!-- List of IP addresses to bind to [empty = all] -->
had to be empty, and not set to 127.0.0.1 as it was.

now, evrything work great, but I would like to disconnect the verbose
option for loggin,
is that possible, and what are the different options ?

jean