[CalendarServer-users] Cal Server : "error: cannot run C compiled programs" on OS X 10.5 (Intel)

Cliff Pruitt cliff at crayoncowboy.com
Tue Jun 3 14:00:56 PDT 2008

Hey all,
I just signed up for the list because I'm having an issue installing
Darwin Calendar Server on OS X 10.5 (intel).  I try to use the ./run
script and i get:

$ ./run

Building memcached...
checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking target system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.2
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run
C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

First, I looked for the config.log file but I don't see one generated
anywhere.  Next I did a google search for the string "error: cannot
run C compiled programs." but returned nothing that seemed to apply.
I'm pretty lost and hoping someone can point me in the right direction
here.

Any help is appreciated,
Cliff