[CalendarServer-users] Is it possible to set up a group calendar in DCS that contains calendars from Basecamp?

Michelle Moon Lee michelle at quilted.coop
Wed Jun 11 13:02:19 PDT 2008

Hi Terry,

I didn't find a DCS related solution to this problem and since I don't
have an infinite amount of time to devote to this particular problem, my
proposed solution was:

* Write up a ruby script to grab all of the project IDs via Basecamp's
API and put them into an applescript-formated array
* Write up an applescript script to automate subscription to the
Basecamp milestone calendars

Then we manually create iCal group(s) for the Basecamp subscriptions so
that we can turn all the projects on and off with one click. This cuts
down iCal subscription time from 15-30min (manually subscribing to 30
projects) to ~2min.

As for group-related stuff, the most complicated that we've gotten is
setting up 2 calendar groups with 4-6 calendars and 4 members each. So
our set up probably won't be that helpful to other people. Let me know
if you're interested in seeing our simple little scripts and I'll post them.

Cheers,
Michelle

--
Michelle Moon Lee