[CalendarServer-users] Does Calendarserver support these features?

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Thu Jun 12 00:23:24 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:20:43AM +0200, Martin Bretschneider wrote:
> 1. Can Calendarserver accept username/password combinations directy from
> the system users (/etc/passwd, /etc/shadow) without the use of the
> accounts.xml or kerberos backend? It is possible to use the system user
> names as email-addresses (I guess that this is for notification)?
Debian ships a patch that allows you to user /etc/passwd for users and
/etc/group for group based calendars. It's also in trac:
 http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/271
The top of the patch has some info about the setup. At the moment you
have to use kerberos since I didn't get around to implement SASL yet.
Cheers,
 -- Guido