[CalendarServer-users] building CalDAVClientLibrary

tack tack at tractionco.com
Thu Jun 12 10:33:00 PDT 2008

Got proper admin working.  Turns out this wasn't a problem with
calendar server itself.  It's default config is to use caldavd-
dev.plist instead of caldavd.plist:

config="${wd}/conf/caldavd-dev.plist";

Another admin here installed the app and I configured it, so I wasn't
intimate with the install/run process.  I was hacking on caldavd.plist
and accounts.xml.  Which makes sense: If your background is
configuring apache, samba, asterisk and other such services, you
haven't come across things like -dev or -test as default config
options.  I went to what I thought were the 'real' config files.  I'm
sure that the DCS team had a good reason for setting things up the way
they did, so I won't harp on that point.  What I will say is that I
DID "read the f* manual" and it didn't help me learn the nature of the
default configs.  So I'd chalk this up as a documentation snafu.

Cheers,
tack