[CalendarServer-users] Trying to get business partner to access account

Daniel Milligan daniel.milligan at mac.com
Tue Jun 24 11:20:08 PDT 2008

Eric,
I did mean 8008, sorry for the error
My partner is outside my office, we both work out of our homes.
The IP address is my local address.
I will look into the DHCP-provider, and see if I can figure that out.
I am not sure how to set up my router to allow access--I will check.
Thanks,
Daniel

On Jun 24, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Eric Rabinowitz wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> A few things:   Didn't you mean '8008' instead of '8080'?
>
> I am assuming your partner is outside of your office?
>
> Is it possible that your IP address is your *local* IP address
> behind a router/firewall?
>
> If so,  you will need to give her your fully qualified IP address
> (and that can change with your provider).
> You might want to use a  dyndns.com to register  a domain name (free/
> no cost) behind a DHCP-provided IP address from a network provider.
> Also,  your router will need to allow access to the correct port
> through to your local machine.
>
> You mentioned testing with Firefox on YOUR side,  can she see your
> server with HER web browser or HER side of the network?
>
> Regards,
>   Eric
>

> On Jun 24, 2008, at 1:05 PM, Daniel Milligan wrote:
>
> I have set up my business partner in the accounts.xml file, but when
> she types in her user name and password and then using http://(my IP
> address):8080 she is getting a null 0 error.
> I am really new to this and I can't seem to find the answer. Also,
> when I enter the address in my firefox it comes right up and asks for
> user/password, and then lets me in to collection listings for
> principals/users/Daniel/
> When I ask her to do the same on her computer, Firefox says it cannot
> find the location.
> I am thinking that I need to make it so that she can find my computer
> (like I said I am really new to this). Any help would be great.
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Daniel Milligan
Green | Milligan
Green & Milligan Design, Inc.
sustainable design | sustainable remodel
P: 503-889-8585
C: 503-330-0621
F: 503-280-7970