[CalendarServer-users] Trying to get business partner to access account

Eric Rabinowitz eric.rabinowitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:14:51 PDT 2008

Daniel,

A few things:   Didn't you mean '8008' instead of '8080'?

I am assuming your partner is outside of your office?

Is it possible that your IP address is your *local* IP address behind
a router/firewall?

If so,  you will need to give her your fully qualified IP address (and
that can change with your provider).
You might want to use a  dyndns.com to register  a domain name (free/
no cost) behind a DHCP-provided IP address from a network provider.
Also,  your router will need to allow access to the correct port
through to your local machine.

You mentioned testing with Firefox on YOUR side,  can she see your
server with HER web browser or HER side of the network?

Regards,
    Eric