[CalendarServer-users] iCal/DCS handling URLs with "@"

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Thu Jun 26 03:22:02 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have users on DCS were the username is an email address (containing @)
on a modified DCS where the calendar-home-set URL is:
/calendars/user at domain/

When I try to connect with iCal it askes for calendar-home-set for
/principals/users/user at domain/ and correctly gets a DAV:href element
with /calendars/user%40domain/

Of course @ doesn't need to be encoded, but from what I can read in the
WebDAV RFC, this is legal syntax for a DAV:href element.

BUT:
After that iCal askes for PROPFIND on  /calendars/user%2540domain/

I know I'm on my own when modifying DCS, but my point is that there must
be a bug in iCal when it tries to re-encode the already encoded URL
delivered by DCS. The bug should hit any iCal user using a CalDAV-server
which returns URLs containg @, which makes interoperability difficult.

regards,
Peter