[CalendarServer-users] reserving rooms

John McAdams johnemac at tekserve.com
Tue May 20 10:54:02 PDT 2008

Hi List,

I have a client that want's to use iCal to manage their conference
room. They are running the latest versions of Leopard and Leopard
Server, 10.5.2 at this time.

I added a location in Directory.app and called it Conference Room.
When I create an appointment in iCal, Conference Room autofills in the
location field. But where can I check it's availability?

It appears that Conference Room is a new user. Clicking on the
disclosure triangle next to the name reveals a /prinipals/__uids__/
entry. There is a question mark to the left of Conference Room.
Sometimes it is an exclamation point. Not sure what that means.

The goal is to easily check the availability of the room. That feature
seems to work pretty well for attendees, but I'm unclear where the
locations availability is hiding.

Thanks,
-- jmca