[CalendarServer-users] startup warning

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri May 23 10:46:16 PDT 2008

Hi Terry,

--On May 23, 2008 10:24:55 AM -0700 Terry Barnum <terry at dop.com> wrote:

> I updated to OS X Server 10.4.11 and the CalendarServer stopped
> working with lots of startup errors, which were fixed with Cyrus' tip
> to update to Python 2.5. Now the CalendarServer starts up and is
> running again with a lightly modified accounts-test.xml but I see
> warnings about API version mismatches and then Authentication
> failures. I deleted the PyKerberos directory and ran ./run -s then ./
> run but the warnings remain. How to fix these? Or are they not worth
> worrying about?

You can ignore "invalid nonce" errors as those are actually normal for
digest operation - the server expires nonce values after 15 minutes and
then records the invlid error when the client next tries to use it. The
client recovers by re-doing digest with a new nonce that the server
provided. As long as you are not seeing authentication errors on the
clients themselves, things are fine with that.

For Kerberos, the keytab error during startup means that your server
machine is not properly Kerberized, and hence Kerberos is disabled.

--
Cyrus Daboo