[CalendarServer-users] Refreshing a running Calendar Server instance with latest build

Name Withheld bookondesk at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:06:50 PDT 2008

Newbie alert  -- please be gentle.

I have a home Calendar Server instance that's been happily running on
Leopard since November 2007, serving three Leopard iCal clients.   For the
most part it's been running fine but there have been some odd quirks in
calendar event creation lately.  It strikes me that it would be prudent to
refresh this with the latest build.

Here's what I plan to do:

   1. Shut down the existing instance
   2. Back up my master CalDav directory and all the current calendar data
   3. Execute this Subversion command to obtain the latest build
   4. Recompile and restart the instance

Is this a valid approach?  Do I need to worry about any XML metadata changes
between the existing calendar data and the current build as of May 23?

Regards,
Steven