[CalendarServer-users] Refreshing a running Calendar Server instance with latest build

Name Withheld bookondesk at gmail.com
Sun May 25 02:19:09 PDT 2008

Thanks for the tip, Cyrus.  Boy, am I glad I backed everything up.  This was
an interesting failed experiment.

After screwing up my initial svn checkout (pulling the trunk instead of the
stable release), I killed my existing production directory completely and
checked out the CalendarServer-1.2 build into a completely new folder.  I
then manually copied my backed up data and conf directories into the new
CalendarServer directory and attempted to do a ./run -s.

At this point, all manner of smoke and springs popped out of the machine,
with python complaining about various Build 1.2 objects being mismatched
against trunk.  Figuring that I couldn't do much worse damage than I had
already wreaked, I fired up iCal.  Existing calendar data for the existing
DCS accounts seemed to be inaccessible, even though I could get responses
directly to the DCS port via a browser.  Weird.  Restored the Nov 2007
instance from backup and everything's running again, albeit on old code.

<shrug>  I guess I should paddle back over to the shallow end of the pool
before I hurt myself.  I'll wait until trunk is deemed stable and give this
another try then.

Regards,
Steven