[CalendarServer-users] Integrating CalServer with OD

Pascal Robert probert at macti.ca
Mon May 26 12:46:22 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get Calendar Server on my MBP (10.5.2) to talk to my OD
(10.5.2 Server) master.  I got it to work, but with some pain:

1) First, I had to create a "computer" record in OD for my MBP
(mbp.macti.lan);

2) In the "computer" OD record, I had to manually create the "apple-
serviceinfo" attribute with something similar to this:

	http://trac.calendarserver.org/browser/CalendarServer/trunk/doc/ical-schema.txt

3) In the "computer" OD record, I had to add a second attribute so
that I have "mbp.macti.lan$" and "mbp.macti.lan";

4) For each of my users, I have to manually create the "apple-
servicelocator" attribute with this value :

F8EED00A
-2BA9
-43F9-878C-808C1851D01E:CFD9E112-9CC3-4AB7-97A6-3951C61ECECB:calendar

Now my questions are:

- How can I register Calendar Server somewhere so that I can select it
in the "Advanced" tab in Workgroup Manager.  I can see iCal Server
running on my 10.5 Server in the list, but my MBP running Calendar
Server is not.

- Do I really have to create the "apple-servicelocator" for all of my
users manually?