[CalendarServer-users] Integrating CalServer with OD

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon May 26 13:15:28 PDT 2008

Hi Pascal,

--On May 26, 2008 3:46:22 PM -0400 Pascal Robert <probert at macti.ca> wrote:

> I'm trying to get Calendar Server on my MBP (10.5.2) to talk to my OD
> (10.5.2 Server) master.  I got it to work, but with some pain:
>
> 1) First, I had to create a "computer" record in OD for my MBP
> (mbp.macti.lan);

What you need to do is do an authenticated bind to OD. Use Directory
Utility to bind the MBP to the OD master. It should prompt you for a user
id/password. Just use your OD info. Once that is done Server Admin on the
MBP can write the computer record itself. If you then use Workgroup Manager
(on the MBP or server) and login as the directory admin, you should see the
MBP listed as an option for enabling calendaring for users.

--
Cyrus Daboo