[CalendarServer-users] FreeBSD server up and running but...

Martin Leonard mleonard at sutus.com
Thu Nov 6 13:54:40 PST 2008

Hi Chris,

Chris Brown-20 wrote:

> The only problem is that after setting up some test users in
> accounts.xml I can't browse to their calendar folders through the
> browser or connect to the sever through either Thunderbird or Chandler.
> I can browse and logon to http://server:8008 and browse through
> /calenders and /principals fine, I can access the locations and
> resources calendars e.g./calendars/locations/location01/calendar/ but
> when I try to look at any calendar directories for my created users or
> groups i.e. /calendars/user/<UID>/ the server times out with nothing.
> What am I missing?!

 I have a similar issue. I think it might be a new issue in trunk as I did
have it working a month or so ago. I found when connecting to a user
calendar collection in thunderbird/lightning I was getting an error. I used
the url: http://192.168.1.106:8008/calendars/users/mleonard/calendar .In
Thunderbird under Tools there is an "Error Console" option. In here I was
getting the following error:

Warning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: Mleonard -
Caldav.  However, this error is believed to be minor, so the program will
attempt to continue. Error code: DAV_NOT_DAV. Description: The resource at
http://192.168.1.106:8008/calendars/users/mleonard/calendar is either not a
DAV collection or not available

I did not get this error when I downloaded the source on a different server
a month or so earlier. By the way I can access the calendar fine on a Mac
using iCal and on Windows via Firefox.

I also still have issues accessing the calendar from Outlook via open
connector.

I am continuing to look into these issues and will post any updates if I
find any solutions.

Lenny