[CalendarServer-users] auto launch as root

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 25 01:10:48 PST 2008

On 24 Nov 2008, at 17:44, Conrad Wasmer wrote:
> two: I cannot get the server to run unless I use sudo. I tried setting
> a valid UserName and GroupName in the caldavd-dev.plist
> that I am using, and I changed the permissions on the data and
> document root folders to match the username and groupname, but when
> logged in as that user, I still cannot start the server. ...

You need to state what platform you're running on.

If you want a service to start automatically on a Linux system then I
suggest taking a look at the way it's done by the Debian package, but
I think you're using OS X, and that does things it's own unique way.

<http://oreilly.com/pub/a/mac/2003/10/21/startup.html> looks like a
decent introduction to services under OS X, except that I think things
changed with the introduction of 10.4 (??) and I think that article
predates that. It should serve as a start point for your Googling,
though; unfortunately, I think you may find this quite a lot of work.
You might try taking a look at how Calendar Server is started under OS
X Server.

Stroller.