[CalendarServer-users] CalDAVClientLibrary Kerberos authentication

Ramon Ziai rziai at sfs.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Apr 17 07:15:59 PDT 2009

Hi caldavd users,

I was looking for a way to manage ACLs on individual calendars and came
across CalDAVClientLibrary. I assume that's the recommended way of
managing ACLs, is that correct?

However, it seems CalDAVClientLibrary does not support Kerberos
authentication. Our caldavd installation runs on Debian Lenny, using the
Debian package. It is configured to use Kerberos for authentication,
which works well with all calendar clients. But when I run the shell
tool, I get:

./runshell.py -l --server https://server:8443
User: rziai
Password:

        <-------- BEGIN HTTP CONNECTION -------->
Server: limnos

        <-------- BEGIN HTTP REQUEST -------->
OPTIONS /principals/users/rziai/ HTTP/1.1
Host: limnos

        <-------- BEGIN HTTP RESPONSE -------->
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:11:26 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: negotiate
        <-------- END HTTP RESPONSE -------->

        <-------- END HTTP CONNECTION -------->
Ignoring error

If it supported Kerberos, it shouldn't even ask for a password and
instead just use the ticket I already have in my ticket cache.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Best,
Ramon