[CalendarServer-users] Installing CalendarServer Instructions

Jeremy Paul Carroll jem at woodpeckeraudio.com
Fri Aug 7 06:59:37 PDT 2009

I second this... There are plenty of people out here trying to use
this - particularly on OS X Client edition - who aren't UNIX Sysadmins
and who need to be taken through the process step-by-step with the
assumption that their knowledge is basic. People such as me!

If someone can get some clear instructions with the above provisos in
mind, then I am more than happy to knock them into shape as a
definitive guide for OSX (I was a professional technical author for
more than ten years)...

I think you'll find 90% of people using the calendar server are doing
so by using the "./run -d" development method, rather than the correct
implementation method (I haven't seen any instructions anywhere that
are any use as to how to do this). The "launchd" fix doesn't work by
the way...

I'm sure that in the true spirit of Open Source we can get this into
shape...

Cheers,

Jeremy.