[CalendarServer-users] Getting a stable version of Calendar Server?

Scott Buchanan dscottbuch at mac.com
Mon Aug 31 17:18:00 PDT 2009

I removed the older installation and re-installed the server from
scratch.  After doing this, using the run -i / command, I still had to
correct two problems I've had in the past.

1) caldavd - in the caldavd produced the PYTHONPATH defined is
	PYTHONPATH="Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/:$PYTHONPATH"

Note the missing initial "/".  Nothing at all works without changing
this.

2) After fixing the above when running the server it fails.  Reported
in the error log (or Console I'm not sure) is that it can't find /usr/
share/caldavd/bin/twistd.   I grep'd through the code and can't find
where this is referenced so I fixed it by aliasing /usr/share/caldavd
to /usr/local.  Then all works just fine.

I'm sure I'm doing something incorrect in configuration or build but I
can't find where.  (1) seems like a bug but its been like this for
years.

Thanks,

Scott